1-day UX workshop – How design can help improve your business
Do your products and services have a great user experience?
Your customer’s experience is affected by everything your business does. Through a process of designing, testing and iterating you can attract new customers and keep your existing customers engaged with your products and services. Design is an important part of every business.
This 1-day workshop will help you and your company to improve the user experience, usability and accessibility of your product and services. First, we will work together to decide on the goals and problems you would like to solve; this forms the preparation for the delivery of the workshop. Through research and analysis of the current experience we can better understand where the current problems lie and why they may be happening.
What does the workshop deliver?
- Analysis of your current problems and challenges.
- An understanding of why UX is so important and how design can improve your business.
- Learn, practice and retain techniques to better understand your customers through design including user interviews, user flows, wire framing, paper prototyping and usability testing.
- Action points for achievable design improvements for your business.
- A tangible output; in the form of wireframes, prototype(s) and so on – this will be tailor made to your needs.
- A fun and productive day, where everyone learns from each other.
Location: Your office/space
Participants: up to 4 people from your team/company
Save £250 on the regular price until the end of September 2017
£1750 £1500 + VAT
Who delivers the workshop?
Hi! I’m Mark, I’m a freelance UX (user experience) consultant, designer and one of the lead instructors at General Assembly.
I define, design and launch user-centred websites, native apps and products and services for startups, multinationals, agencies and brands.
I love to help people achieve something. I do this by designing solutions that solve real problems through design.
The driving force in what I do is the impact that design has on people. There’s a lot be said for design that ignores people – people will ignore it. Design is communication, so I work with companies and teams to help them design products and services that speak to people in a human way.
“I’ll be very plain here: Mark is an exceptional talent and whoever hires him next will see him add value immediately. A heart of gold, a skilled hand and an expert eye too. It’s a no-brainer really.”
– Alex Barclay, Strategy & Innovation Principal, Big Radical
Sounds good? Let’s talk
We can start by discussing your needs. For larger groups or longer workshops, please get in touch to discuss your needs – I look forward to hearing from you.